miércoles, 4 de noviembre de 2009

EXAMS and 10km

Last week was a week of exams... it was pretty intense esp considering that i have had really no study since I got here so doing 2 or so hrs of study in a row was some what challenging...

Anyway... I survived the week pretty successfully and on weds night we celebrated with a fire on the beach... toasting marshies and making smores!!! Yum!!!

We chilled out on Fri and Sat and the on Sun I did something I never even dreamed of doing...
I ran in a 10km race...

I know!! I had been training for actually only 2 weeks... and seriously only for a week... What was I thinking???

We woke up at 3 to catch a 4 o'clock bus to San Jose (say what!!!) and started running at 9... It was pretty intense...
But I made it.. I ran the whole thing... no stopping, no walking... only running!!! My time was 1hr and 7mins!! I ran with friends which was very helpful... we even made it onto the Costa Rican news!!! I know pretty much famous...

In the avo after my morning of 'fun' we went to a mall got some lunch... well deserved fast food... saw a really cool Costa Rican movie called Gestacion... kinda a bit Junoish (but this girl had the best friends ever!!) and then... I had the best BANANA SPLIT ever... oh my it was just goodness in a bowl... so so so good... ( i think i may be addicted to Ice cream...)

Was more than ready for bed by the time we arrived home... and even had to sleep after my morning class on mon morn i was so exhausted...

I dont have any pics of this event but they are on my facebook page so if ya want proof or more pics from my panama adventure check that out :-)

I'm off on another adventure this weekend... to an active volcano... hopefully ill fill you in quicker this time...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario