jueves, 14 de enero de 2010

ARENAL!! - November 09

Ok so to begin with I am sorry for how long these blog updates have taken… due to the extensive amount of time I am just going to write, as photos take so long to upload I could be here for an age… if you want to see photos check out my facebook page…

There is another reason that I have taken so long to blog… I had written a lot of one blog... about arenal and then had to do something… I swear I had saved it on the blog site but the next time I went to edit it, it was nowhere to be found… anyway… I was not a happy camper and so have avoided blogging ever since…

So Blog One

ARENAL…

Arenal is a very active volcano that we have here in Costa Rica and in November we went to it with a school trip… School trips are fantastic as they put us up in really amazing accommodation and we have amazing food… another huge big plus is that we always get HOT water showers which after months of constant cold water feels outstanding!!

so we drive up to Arenal and arrive to our hotel to drop off our stuff… we sort out the rooms…

Ok so Colleen and I really wanted just a two person room (more time in the hot water shower haha) as did Erik and Nathan… we thankfully were at the front of the line and hold firm in our requests… we normally get reasonably crappy rooms when we travel anywhere so we didn’t care what they looked like at all… just wanted one for two ppl… Colleen and I go to find our room… we go down a lovely little path and find a series of individual cabin things surrounded by cute gardens… we find our room number… Oooooo yeah!!! we got the honeymoon suite!!! Amazing big bed, sweet bathroom just overall greatness… then we go check out the boys room… it is the first in the series of joint rooms… and it to is a honeymoon suite… leather chairs… big bed and spa bath!!! My gosh so funny to see other peoples reactions!!! also very funny that quite possibly the nicest hotel rooms we will ever get at least for a very long time are on a school trip!! But we were stoked!!! absolutely stoked!!!

so then we go to the hot pools… there are tons of pools all diff temperatures… and also the BESTEST water slides ever… I am not kidding… I love water slides and I have never been on slides like this in my life!!! they were so much fun!! The best one was super fast… It said on the sign that it got up to 45km an hour so… pretty speedy… you dropped into it and then went down picked up speed… around a corner… down…more speed… final corner… a vicious corner… you hit it at such a speed you got some good air… came crashing onto the final slope (more speed) before skimming and somersaulting across the top of the water with limbs flailing in all directions!!! It was extreme one boy managed to knock himself out while coming down it… and they had recently covered it due to someone flying out on the final corner!!!

So after a few attempts of this amazing water slide sitting up I felt the need for more speed… so making my body a tight bullet I shot down it on my back…. AMAZING atleast twice the air and soooooo much faster… I went again and again and… well a fair number of times… but what I felt but due to excitement didn’t care about was a graze on my back from the immenseness of the slide…which my the end of the night was a bit of a chunk out of my back that in a few days turned into a pus-ie mess.. bUT Well worth while… we had a fantastic dinner and for desert starved girls (lets just say Costa Rica is not the place to come if you want to have good deserts) the chocolate fountain was like heaven!!! amazing!!! we satyed at the pools while the rest of the group left… from the top of the slide you could see bright lava shooting out of the volcano… so cool…

we went back to our honeymoon suite and got some really good USAC ‘news’ from a slightly over indulged member of staff and later had an amazing sleep in a super super comfy bed…

day two of the trip we went to some super high hanging bridges and got some great views of the volcano… we got hated on by some other tourists for being too loud when they were watching a bird… but as soon as they were done taking photos and it was our turn they moved off loudly and scared the bird away… RUDE!!!

lunch was a rice volcano… Drew craftily turned his into a exploding volcano with the help of some tomato sauce…

trip back had some hilarious moments especially on a tired bus of students but we arrived back in one piece and only slightly wounded from our weekend away!!!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario