viernes, 30 de abril de 2010

Jaco, San Jose, Birthdays and goodbyes...

The sad day came when I needed to sell my surf board in preparation for leaving so me and two friends trooped down to Jaco, the closest surfy tourist town near here to sell it and hang out for the day. We pretty much sold it as quick as possible to get rid of it and spent the day hunting down cool arty things and souvenirs and had a massive smoothie for morning tea and for lunch as well as an avocado and some crackers that I sneakily ate while colleen my other friend ate a muesli bar at a restaurant where Leona was the only one buying food…(yes we know we are cheap and that when i was younger had my parents done such a thing I would have been mortified!!) Then we sat on the beach had the yummiest passion fruit sorbet and came home….

A few weekends later I decided I wanted to buy a bag for travelling in San Jose so Colleen and I went into the capital and then out to this wealthy area where we had heard there was a really nice mall… It was super super nice… for lunch we shared a cinabon roll and got the biggest coffee ever. When ordering coffee we asked how big their cups were and they showed us these tiny wee things so we saked if there was anything bigger… the lady was like well we could charge you for two coffees and put it in this… and whipped out a massive fizzy drink cup!! it was AWESOME!! we both took one look at it and said “that’s what we’re talking about’ so we sat happily in this shiny new mall munching and drinking our treats. We found the bag… YAY… and spent the day wandering and trying on lots of cute but expensive clothes…

The final thing that happened that was exciting was that we had another birthday this week. So we went out for tea. Our fav restaurant was closed so we chose somewhere we had never been before… it was a small pizza place and we were originally quite concerned cos we were the only ones in the place but after an age we got our pizza (it took so long that we think they probably went out back and slaughtered all the animals and grew the tomatoes and onions from scratch) and it was amazing, this was followed by a movie at a friends house and some yummy carrot cake…

Oh this week we also said goodbye to this Catholic feed the homeless drunks thing we have been volunteering for this semester. Costa Rica though it tries to hide its poverty and does pretty well still has issues and me and three friends were blessed to be able to help out at such a cool outreach. Every week our job was to makeup and bag the juice. We always had to add more sugar no matter how sweet we thought it was because the Costa Ricans love sweet drinks… we would fondly term the juice ‘diabetes in a cup’. Anyway the people who ran it were really sweet and they gave us a really lovely farewell party which was so nice,on a sad note one of the cute old drunk men who used to sing to me died from liver poisoning...

This is the end of my blog catch up unless I have a revelation this evening that I have forgotten something important!! I will try and update when travelling but knowing me this may not happen!! hope you all enjoy reading about the last four months  catch ya soon!!
once again see facebook for photos

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario