jueves, 29 de abril de 2010

SICK SICK SICK

So quite soon after our week off (actually the very next week) the rounds of birthdays for our group of friends started! Colleens was on the Thursday.

BUT before we could get to the birthday I got sick… Now not just normally a day off sick but the sickest I can ever remember being!! I am for real here it was BAD! and because sick stories are always funny in retrospect I shall share my rather humorous one with you!!

So here goes…
So on Sunday night I (yep on the sat I went to the movies in San Jose and this is now the very next day) I started to get some mild back pain but I thought it was from sitting on the bus or something the day before. Then on Monday morning I wasn’t feeling too hot but okish… Tuesday I had TWO exams I did one, went home, slept, did the other BOTH feeling kinda gross but very drugged up on Ibprofen… by the end of the second exam my Ibprofen had really kicked in and I was feeling good so when my friend asked if she could still use my bathroom to cut a guys hair that night I said “as long as its early”. So 7.30pm came around (I hadn’t eaten all day cos I felt gross) and I was starting to feel really cold. (so in puntarenas where it is 40 degrees even in your room and that is no exaggeration, when you feel cold you feel like an IDIOT) you KNOW something is not good… but my friends showed up, came into my room and I lay in bed. Half way through the hair cut I thought, Oh my word… I want to chunder… what am I going to do I have three people in my room… so I asked one of them to go and ask my host momma for a bowl… eventually we got one sorted but I REALLY didn’t want to be sick with all those people in my room, how embarrassing… The haircut took FOREVER!!! you would not believe it.. I was in so much pain trying to hold my vomit in and I thought my friends were never ever ever going to leave but eventually they did and I could vomit in peace. During all this time I started to have cold patches and hot patches…

So the rest of the night was a real treat. I vomited every time I tried to drink water so I was getting really dehydrated; I was super super hot… once again in 40 degree heat even more unpleasant than normal. And by hot I mean ON FIRE. I was sweating and would heat up my sheets so much that I would roll of my patch and a few minutes later when I rolled back on they were still super hot. And then I would go to cold, so cold I was chattering and with all my warm clothes on and a blanket couldn’t get warm, then hot, cold, hot, vomit, cold… all night!! at 6 the next morning I found some flat ginger ale in the fridge and that stayed down (phew cos I was thinking I may have to go get a drip if I still couldn’t hold liquid down). So for the next few days I still was quite feverish and didn’t eat anything.

On Thursday it was Colleens birthday and we were going out for dinner, we were also meeting her friend from the states Mandy. I was not feeling good or like eating but shoved a few ibuprofen into me and went to dinner. It was fun but what was not fun was that I started to develop a hacking cough! it started to rip my abs to pieces and was sooo painful

got through the birthday dinner and then went to bed, where I didn’t sleep cos I was hacking all night. Then Friday morning I had another delightful exam which I had to do in the hot porch cos my cough was disturbing everyone…

I went home and had to make a very sad decision…

We had been planning a big fun group trip with Colleens friend and I was super excited BUT I was really too sick and no one would want to be my friend after a weekend of being kept awake by my coughing. So I decided to stay in Puntarenas while they went of and had a jolly old time.

I got some very powerful prescription cough medicine which helped a little but I still coughed constantly for the next week and was feeling yuck for a good while. I still actually am coughing from it but not too much…

anyway that is my fun sick sick story… as said before it is funny now but at the time… well it was gross and I cant remember anything like it… maybe it was the H1N1???

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario